- Cancer is an epidemic that needs to be eliminated.
- If enough people focus their efforts on finding a cure for all cancers, it will happen.
- One way to eradicate cancer is by helping support the nonprofit organizations that are fighting the war on cancer.
- Each and every person diagnosed with cancer deserves:
- to be treated with care, respect, and dignity;
- access to prompt and competent health care;
- access to all available cancer fighting resources; and
- relief from the financial struggles caused by a cancer diagnosis to minimize stress and promote the healing process.
- Because studies show that the risk of cancer is greater among firefighters than the general population due to the hazards of their career, and because there is a current lack of an established system to ensure that each of them receive adequate care and support, special programs are necessary to provide help to firefighters diagnosed with cancer and their families. This is the reason Code 3 for a Cure exists.